As a heritage-listed church in the heart of Brisbane’s CBD, Albert Street Uniting Church is a beautiful venue for your wedding.
The pipe organ, century-old stained glass, rare old timbers and unique architecture combine to create a welcoming atmosphere for your special day.
Please note we do not conduct weddings on Sundays or Thursdays.
Our wedding package
Our full wedding package includes:
- Services of the minister from the congregation
- An organist
- A church officer (to ensure everything is set up according to your wishes)
- Pew decorations on the first six pews
- Electronic bells as you leave the church
- Wedding information session (to discuss arrangements for your day)
- Prepare/Enrich marriage course
- An option to livestream your ceremony
- A commemorative wedding candle
We welcome couples from any denomination. Please contact us on 07 3071 3060 or via email to check proposed dates and initial arrangements.
Frequently asked questions
About three to six months prior to the wedding we conduct our interviews. This session is conducted in a group format at the church and a number of details are discussed, including:
- the selection of wedding music is played by our organist for you to choose that evening
- the ministers discuss how the services are conducted and answer any questions you may have
- legal paperwork, such as the Notice of Intended Marriage form, is filled in.
Attendance at one of our Wedding Information Sessions is compulsory to ensure arrangements for your day can be discussed and the legal paperwork attended to.
We do not conduct same gender marriages. We recommend contacting St. Andrew’s Uniting (cnr Creek Street and Ann Street) or Merthyr Road Uniting (New Farm) for this service.
We welcome couples from any denomination and can be contacted on 07 3071 3060 for any further enquiries.